Internal Fellowships, Grants, Loans by Application

Dean's Tuition Scholarships

Dean's Tuition Scholarships are a very limited number of tuition scholarships awarded by the Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences Graduate Office. The primary criteria for such awards are financial need and academic achievement. Students with TA, TF, GSA, GSR, PROVISIONAL and SPECIAL graduate status are not eligible for these funds. Receiving TA, TF, GSA, or GSR support voids Dean's Tuition Scholarship. Tuition scholarships cannot be provided for beginning students. Students who received this scholarship previously are ineligible to receive it again except under special circumstances as discussed with Chandra Colaresi. Priority is given to students who have exhausted all University and personal resources and who are required to be registered in order to receive a degree from the Dietrich School. This is a TUITION-ONLY SCHOLARSHIP--students are responsible for any other required fees. Download the application. Applications can also be obtained from departmental graduate administrators or from 5141 Sennott Square. In additional to completed applications, a letter of recommendation from the student's advisor is required in order to be considered for this scholarship. Completed applications and letters of recommendation should be sent to Chandra Colaresi in the Dietrich School Office of Graduate Studies, 5141 Sennott Square.  

Federal Work Study

The TA/TF/GSA Federal Work Study Program provides funds to enable the University to recover part of the stipends paid to some TA/TF/GSAs who are 'eligible' under the federal guidelines. 'Eligibility' does not affect the student's current duties, future support, or financial status. The funds recovered for eligible students are used in two ways: (1) to support the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences programs that benefit graduate students generally, and (2) to provide supplemental support directly to the eligible student.

Students found eligible receive $500 for travel or research related expenses during the next fiscal year.

Who may apply: TA/TF/GSAs with U.S. citizenship or permanent alien residence.

Requirements: Fill out the FAFSA and FAAS, which are available through the Office of Financial Aid Web site, and contact Stacey Roa at 412-624-6094 to let her know you would like to apply.

All domestic students who apply (even if they are found ineligible) will receive a $50 Book Center certificate.