A teaching philosophy statement is a concise, compelling illustration of an instructor, a useful exercise in the reflexive examination of teaching, and a necessary component of many academic job applications. This workshop will provide the fundamentals of writing a teaching philosophy statement. We will look at previously developed teaching philosophy statements and implement effective revisions.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- create a compelling, concise statement that reflects the instructor's unique values.
- articulate teaching objectives.
- describe personal teaching methods.
- discuss ways of determining teaching effectiveness.
- reflect on impactful teaching.
This workshop may be counted toward the Achievement in Pedagogy badge, offered through the Graduate Student Teaching Initiative. For more information, visit the Achievement in Pedagogy Badge or contact email@example.com.
Location and Address
This is a virtual event hosted by the University Center for Teaching and Learning.