Register for a free one-day project workshop and learn how to overcome resistance and plan your writing projects. You will also have several hours of writing time. Open to graduate students who are currently writing independent projects in any field.
Saturday, October 30 • 9:00 a.m – 4:15 p.m.
- 9:00 Presentation on Zoom: "Overcoming Resistance and Staying Well While Writing"
- 10:00 a.m.– noon (on or off Zoom): Focused writing time
- Noon: Lunch Break and Stretch
- 1:00 Presentation on Zoom: "Getting Organized by Using Short- and Long-term Planning"
- 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. (on or off Zoom): Focused writing time
- 4:00 Debrief on Zoom
Ahead of time, please prepare the following:
- Any beverages or snacks that would be helpful to have on hand.
- Materials that you will need for the dedicated writing time. (Please organize what you will need before the day starts so that you don’t spend your writing time digging through piles of notes or searching your computer for pdfs.)
- Your lunch (so that you won't have to think about it).
Participants will be eligible to participate in future Writing Days, which are offered monthly (Saturdays in Fall and Spring Terms and Fridays in Summer Term).
To register for the workshop, complete this form before October 28: https://forms.gle/dqbk3PJwGSRzjvBi7
Questions? Email email@example.com
Offered by the William S. Dietrich II Institute for Writing Excellence